Wednesday, March 11, 2009

beach routine




Our days here have taken on a lazy routine. We wake up and eat breakfast then head out. I walk and the kids ride their bikes down the bike path about a mile and a half to the lighthouse/playground. It is a wonderful new playground with swings, slides, playhouses, see saws and all kinds of neat things- not the metal structures back in my day! I sit and alternate watching them and reading on my Kindle 2 (Amazon's ereader). They play until I am starving and we ride back, picking up fresh seafood for dinner. We eat lunch then head out to the beach. They have dug in the sand and built elaborate structures and racetracks. They jump in the waves and play until dinner. After dinner they play and color while I read aloud to them. Other days we go to the beach first and then the park. It has been such a blessing to be able to spend time with the kids without having to do anything else. I am wondering why we have so many toys at home when they are so content with so much less. Is it because we as parents find it easier to give them toys than our undivided time? Hmmmm......

2 comments:

  1. I went to Mission Trift today.....alone...they had all of the leftovers from Heartstrings!! Got a T shirt for M with Thomas the Train that they wrapped dishes in! What is in the buckets?? Creatures??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't do too much positive advertising about our beach secret. We don't want too many people coming down there.

    ReplyDelete