Thursday, June 25, 2009

Cupcake Party



Thanks to http://www.betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/ for Tablescape Thursday and http://lbratina.blogspot.com/ for Thrifty Thursday and letting me play along. I love seeing everyones blogs and would love to hear your comments. This table is set for my daughter's birthday party and filled with all my Thrifty finds!

Lily had a tea party/cupcake decorating party for her 6th birthday. She invited a few of her friends to bring their favorite dolls to join the fun. Here we are setting up the dining room table. That is her Bitty Baby (American Girl) sitting in the center on a little wicker chair ($1.50) from the Thrift store in Valley that I spray painted white. The back of each chair is tied with an apron for each girl to take home as a party favor. The chandelier is decorated with pearl dress up necklaces. It is hard to see the tableclothes but they are layers of white and lace vintage tableclothes. The ice cream sundae glasses were from an estate sale a few years ago I think they were $2-3 for a box of them! It is amazing how often we find an excuse to eat ice cream now!
The napkin rings are necklaces for the girls to wear and take home. And a small wand for their dolls are tucked in. The place setting cards are filled with chocolates and shaped like little purses. White napkins are one of my newest collections and seem to dress up every meal. The tea cups and pitchers were collected from several flea market trips and mismatched. The girls loved using "real china" and were so careful that nothing got broken or spilled! One girl even told the others "You need to hold up your pinkie like this..."

The milkglass plates (using them as chargers here) were from an estate sale and a dollar each! The pink plate is paper and has a cute cupcake on it from Target.



This is a 3 layer chocolate cake shaped like a cupcake to match one of the cupcakes on the apron fabric! It was adorable and delicious.




Here is Lily waiting for her friends.



Here is the other cake.... don't you love the cherry on top? This one has stripes and the other one has dots. The cake stand was from an antique store in Valley and was $10 with a domed top that I loved put couldn't use because the cake was too tall! I really liked the scallopped edges.




Lily in her birthday outfit. My talented friend Lynn (check her out at vintageswampgirl.blogspot.com) put the cupcake applique ( a button is the cherry!) on a Target T-shirt and ruffled the jeans. I save all of Lily's older brother's jeans. He seems to always rip a hole at the knees but that makes it a perfect length to ruffle for Lily! And look at the cute apron Lynn made for her! Who wouldn't want to cook looking so cute! (The cupcake fabric is from Hobby Lobby)






Lily and her friends with their dolls and wearing their new aprons. Did you notice that only Lily's apron has ruffles and that her doll (The American Girl Rebecca) has a matching apron? Her friends noticed and were a little jealous!

This party was so much fun! The girls set up a doll picnic, decorated cupcakes, had a tea party, painted tea sets for their dolls, and ate lots of sweets! I will have to do another post about the chocolate fountain! Two hours was not enough time to do all the things I had planned! Oh, to be six again!

12 comments:

  1. What a cute birthday party! I love your ideas. The cakes were so cute. I love the little ones in their aprons, I bet they loved them! So, So, cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter would've loved that party- your table was so pretty! I have the same milk glass plates on my tablescape this week but I used them as salad plates.
    Great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your daughter is so beautiful! What an adorable party idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cute. You are making me wish I had a girl!! Did you make the cakes?

    ReplyDelete
  5. How adorable! I have a gdau named Lily, she would have loved this..
    Do you have the Wilton BIG Cupcake mold??
    I think I have some pics of it on my blog..It is really cute, and the kids love it..
    Great party!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an adorable birthday! LIly is adorable. And that cake is adorable too!!! I loved her outfit and her apron! What a precious Bday! Happy birthday lily!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything looks so cute! The Birthday Girl looks so grown up! 6 seems much older than 5!This party may be hard to top next year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great party for your daughter. She is very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is all so adorable. Bet all the other Mom's are going to have the raise the bar on their kids party after seeing this one:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet party! Those little place settings are so darn cute! This will be such a sweet memory!

    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a happy little table for the princesses! My granddaughter is looking at tablescapes with me this morning and is ready for us to go have a tea party now! :)
    Have a Fabulous Weekend!
    ~Really Rainey~

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is all just adorable!!

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete