Wednesday, August 12, 2009

World's Longest Yard Sale

Vintageswampgirl.blogspot.com and I went to the World's Longest Yard Sale for the first time. We got lost several times despite having 2 GPS! We killed both rather quickly! Thank goodness for the old fashioned printed atlas and map! But the scenery was beautiful and the company was great, even getting lost was fun. Isn't there a country song called "Time Well Wasted"? We met lots of interesting people along the way. I did not have anything I had to have which was great because I only bought things I loved. I added to several collections I already have and started a few more!

I had a hard time deciding between 2 sleds. I had my pick of either for $15. One was smaller and more distressed and the other was bigger and in better condition. I finally decided on the bigger one - with 3 small kids I figure it will be well loved soon enough! I plan on using it on my porch as Christmas decoration and if it ever snows in Alabama letting the kids use it down the hill. The first thing I bought was this great old sign. The seller was a joy to meet. In addition to lots of great signs, he had roller skates with wooden wheels! I feel like he basically gave me the sign for $18! This will go over the door in my garage leading into to my kitchen.
I love old school things and have several chalkboards. I added to that collection with this one for $17. It is in great condition and much less than other ones we saw that were not in as good condition!

And this one for $2! It is hard to see the cute graphics in the picture.

I bought this old board game for $1! I have never heard of it. But I have a collection of framed board games and thought this would be a nice addition on the wall.
2 Printers trays at $8 each, a small fan for the porch that works, 2 new crocs for the kiddos ($10 each), An old Fisher Price house for $5, and a ruler that folds out for $2.
I also got 2 Wade blue elephant figures that I forgot to take a picture of. I think I bargained on everything I got - that was quite fun! And I got local honey and boiled peanuts! What is a country drive without boiled peanuts!?

I hope you enjoyed seeing my treasures. It was a wonderful weekend filled with lots of girl talk and laughter! This post might lead to future posts about my collection of school stuff (chairs, chalkboards, globes...), board games, printer trays, and old toys!

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to write Rhoda at Southern Hospitality so she can see your sign!!! I still think that was your best bargain and the sled is a close second!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how funny!! I'm so glad someone bought that Open Daily sign. Susie & Layla were both loving it too, but decided against it. Glad ya'll had a fun day too. It was SO hot, but so much fun.

    ReplyDelete