Thursday, May 7, 2009

Thrifty Thursday



This is my first time posting to Thrifty Thursday or any type of weekly event. Thrifty Thursday is hosted by Leigh at Tales from Bloggeritaville. I love Antique stores, Junk stores, Thrift stores and Yard sales! I love reading about everyones finds and collections.
I have been on the search for cloth napkins after seeing them on everyone's tablescapes. I want to keep a basket of napkins by our table to use daily. I am on the hunt for white ones that I can clean easily (With 3 kids they will get used and dirty!) I was very excited to find these 6 for $1 at a yardsale. They are square with dots in the corner.


And these, I bargained them down to 6 for $.25! They are not fancy but were a steal! They had some yellowing but after soaking in Oxyclean they looked perfect!

I am trying to get some plates and things for a tablescape. I found these plates that I thought would be wonderful for a tea party, Valentine's, Mother's Day, really any day! There were 6 of them and they say "Abingdon Fine Porcelain China Made in Japan" on the back. I dont know much about plates but they were $1 each which I thought was pretty good.

I started collecting pyrex this year. I only buy them if they are cheap - I see them all the time at antique stores but they can be expensive! I will have to post my collection another time but I found these 2 at the Thrift store for $1.99 each. they didnt have lids but at that price I couldn't pass them up!

And I had to have this painting for my daughter's room from the Thrift store for $1.99. Isnt she sweet? The colors are great and the frame was beautiful too. Those are my treasures this week. Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to hear your comments!

5 comments:

  1. You do have some lovely finds there! I espcially like those plates.

    I am going to have to take some time to peruse your blog. I see that you are from Alabama. We are huge Gulf Shores fans (really the most reasonable drive from the midwest in terms of finding nice beaches) and take our little ones every year.

    Looking forward to getting to know you better! Peace and blessings from Kansas,
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! So glad you joined in! I love thrifting and love to see what others find in the grewat big treasure hunt! I love those dotted napkins, so classic. And the pyrex-love that too! Great finds! Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those dishes! Very pretty! You certainly scored on those napkins!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey - - - I was GIVEN baking dishes just like those only in the BLUE version as WEDDING GIFTS back in the day when I got married - - - only mine were brand new, but since they were GIFTS, isn't that rather thrifty of me? I still have the casserole, not so sure about the bread pan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those treasures are each very sweet.

    ReplyDelete